Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Anybody Seen My Immune System?

I was very psyched about starting my blog (finally) with the New Year. I got my first two post written and posted and have really enjoyed that. Then came the Bronchitis and the voice of the bass, which is impressive for any woman to accomplish.

And thus the story for my next blog. If you what to hear Chronic Fatigue Syndrome actually giggle, make plans.

Then it nudges it’s good buddy, Fibromyalgia and they start a big ol’ party! They are careful to invite the Diabetes, the Weird Back Thing, the hinky thyroid. They would never think of excluding the Asthma and Arthritis. That would be rude! Besides, those two are way too much fun not to include at a bronchial party!

Being sick is truly stressful. Just my “normal” sick is hard enough but when you end up with one thing after another over the course of a few months, you soon begin to suspect that your immune system has boarded a plane and gone to the Bahamas for the winter. So it wouldn’t get lonely, it seems to have taken my voice with it. 

Next time, I expect to be invited! 

1 comment:

  1. How rude not to be invited to the party. We'll put out a BOLO for the absent system. :)

    ReplyDelete